We would like to wish you all a Happy New Year as we move into 2022. We have been fighting the COVID-19 pandemic for two years now. As part of our commitment to our members, and to assist nationally with fighting to overcome the COVID-19 virus, we wish to advise all our members and member firms that the Bulawayo City Council team of nurses will again set up at MASCA House in Bulawayo from Monday, 24 January 2022. The purpose is to administer COVID-19 vaccinations first and second doses and, most importantly, to offer boosters to those already twice vaccinated.
Requirements for first and second vaccination are as follows
* Anyone who is 16 years and older can come and be vaccinated.
* If you are under the age of 18 you will need a letter of consent from your parents or guardians.
* You will need to bring proof of identification (passport or National ID card).
* You will need to give your home address and contact number.
* If you have had a recent COVID-19 infection, you should have had a negative result or have no symptoms from the infection to have your first dose.
* You will be asked if you have any ongoing medical conditions (chronic conditions). If you are concerned, your Doctor can give you an approval letter which the vaccinating team will consider.
Requirements for booster vaccination as advised by the Ministry of Health and Child Care
* Proof of your first (1st) and second (2nd) vaccinations. You will need to bring your vaccination card (passport)that you were given. The booster dose will be recorded on the same vaccination card.
* There should be at least 6 months interval between your 2nd dose and the 3rd dose (booster).
* You will receive the same type of vaccine booster as your 1st and 2nd doses.
* If you have had COVID-19 infection, at least 6 months should have passed from the last time that you tested negative or recovered.
* If you have certain health conditions (e.g a chronic disease) that you are concerned about, your doctor can give you an approval letter which the vaccinating team will consider.
Opening time and duration of the clinic
This program at MASCA will be held during week - days only between 9am and 3:30pm. This clinic will be operational as long as there is a demand and as long as the vaccines are available. Please make use of the time this clinic is open and get your first, second doses or your booster. If you would like to send a number of members from your work premises, we advise that you book with us to avoid any long delays. For group bookings please find the cellphone contacts below: Laki on 0719 543646 or Mzie on 0775 047400 or Sandi on 0772 478377
Please do your part to end this pandemic and get vaccinated. Don’t forget to continue to practise social distance in groups as well as sanitize your hands and mask up effectively.